The single ferrule tting consists of three precision engineered parts designed to provide secure leakproof joints for vacuum as well as for high pressure applications.
The single ferrule system requires only two metal to metal seal points to effect a leak-tight seal.
These seals are to tting body to the tubing.
The designed reduces potential leak paths by having few components. The design of the single ferrule reduces the contact area between the ferrule and body.
Therefore, it increases the pressure between those two components and sealing is improved. The inside front edge of the ferrule is hardened and helps in slightly biting into the tube improving again the sealing.
Tube end preparation
- Ends must be cut square for best result.
Tube cutter is satisfactory for most tube materials but tends to work harden stainless steel. Use of a hacksaw with a suitable guide for tube square is preferred.
- Burrs must be removed inside and outside of the tube for proper entry into tting, to prevent system contamination andlor restricted ow.
- Tube end must be clear.
Remove all lings, chips and grit before attachments of fitting.
- Always make sure tube is in alignment with tting. Tube line fabrication must be accurate so that the tube end easily enters the tting in proper alignment.
Do not force an improperly tted tube line into the tting.
- Always make sure tube is bottomed against the shoulder in the tting body. This is necessary to prevent movement of the tube while the nut forces the ferrule to grip the tube and to seal through any imperfections that may exist on the outside tube surface.
- Tighten nut nger tight, then with the wrench.
Never permit the tting body to rotate during tube end make-up. Use two wrenches.
Hold tting body with a wrench and tighten nut with a second wrench for additional 1-1/4 turns.
Often it is helpful to mark the nut to facilitate counting the numbers of turns.
- In make-up, there is no undue force in outward direction to distort the tting body or ferrule to cause interface between the ferrule and the nut. This assure that the nut will back-off freely for disassembly and permits a greater number of easy remake. Mark the tting and the nut before disassembly. Remake by tightening until marks line up again. A slight torque rise will be felt indicating the ferrule re-sprung into sealing position.
The ttings are available in material:
Brass , AISI 316 and also be furnished in almost any machined material.
The ttings are recommended for use with steel, copper, aluminium, plastic and other tubing.
The tube ttings may be used with plastic tubing (polyethylene, nylon) with stable outside diameter. Were the plastic tubing will be subject to tension or where collapsible tubing is employed, an insert should be used to reinforce the tubing and assure a permanent leakproof joint.
Bar stock and forging
Straight ttings are machined from bar stock. Shaped bodies are machined from forging.
Positive leakproof seals with ttings are assured by exhaustive tests and over decades of experience in the manufacture of quality line connections.Evenafterrepeatedremakes ttingeffectedaheliumseal at over 3000 PSI without leaks. Vibration stand, leakproof and fatigue resistance tests in the multimilion cycle range are effected on ttings. Hydrostatic tests proved this tting suitable for pressure in excess without causing tubing failure.
The single ferrule tting design allows the ferrule to bow during make-up.
The bowing action of the ferrule creates an active element that can expand and contract with the temperature cycling and maintain a leaktight seal.
Our ttings are packaged to ensure cleanliness Plastic thread protector are used. They are packaged in cartoon box of easy motion.
How to identify metric ttings
The metric tting is identi ed by a 1/32 wide shoulder on both the body and the large end of the nut as indicated on the illustration below: